Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Clubbing Fiasco

When nightclubbing was first suggested to me I threw a dirty look in the direction from which it came. I've never been a party girl, I honestly prefer curling up and reading to the thought of getting drunk in a strange environment around people I don't know at early hours of the morning. For Julie's birthday (this was in July, my blog is not linear, my bad) she requested that a group of us go clubbing to celebrate. As an incentive she said I should invite some of my friends to get me into the spirit. So naturally I invited the people who hated clubbing with a passion. Hugh and Lachlan.

Hugh got very drunk on Julie and Mum's alcohol stash, and bragged about not buying his own drinks all night. We got rejected from The London, since he was out of it by the time we got there, and he stood someone up. 
The hotel receptionist must have thought I was a hooker, since I kept going up to the hotel room we were staying at with these two men (neither of them were guests of the hotel). Hugh tried to stay at the hotel, insisting that the room was paid for and that he didn't need to pay any money. Lynne and Amy came and picked the boys up and took them back home. Hating the experience so far, I put my pajamas on and watched some 80's music program on TV (needless to say, it was rubbish). At about 3 a.m. I received a call from Mum and Julie who insisted on coming back to the hotel to get me and bring me back out. The Woolshed was crowded, but the City nightclub I liked. Yes, I liked it. Don't give me that look.

It was still pretty awkward, because I was out nightclubbing with my mum and her friends, but after a few Smirnoff Black Ices (with raspberry; I still have a child's taste palette) it didn't matter anyway. I even got on the Mechanical Bull at the Woolshed (I lasted maybe 10 seconds, but who cares anyway, right?)
The only problem was driving to the airport in the morning to pick up Dad, with minimal sleep, no food and probably still some alcohol in my system. 

Next time I go out clubbing I think I'll plan on going with people my own age. As much as I love you Mum, you party way harder than I do. I don't think I'll ever be able to keep up xx

No comments: