Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mental Illness

Not my usual post, but I feel that this is an important issue to at least touch on. I may even share some of my experiences on here later down the track (or maybe not)...

I am so glad to see advertisements regarding the awareness of mental illness. Many people don't understand how it affects people who live with it and how it impacts those around them. As someone who lives with a mental illness, I find it to be such a relief to be able to discuss my issues with people who won't label me as attention seeking, or claim that my illness is any less real because there are no obvious physical symptoms. I think that community awareness brings us one step closer to helping those who do have a mental illness, and hopefully finding a long term solution.

For information on depression visit: beyondblue.org.au

No comments: