Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Jane appreciation post

After watching The Inbetweeners Movie three times within two days, I realised just how much I love Jane (played by Lydia Rose Bewley) as a character. She is just... wow. Bubbly, confident, funny and sexy. She jokes about herself and doesn't let other people get her down despite the fat jokes constantly being hurled at her. She's forward and cheeky and everything I've always wanted to be but was afraid.



And Jay: the least mature all "the inbetweeners"... who constantly undermined women throughout the entire television series (and for most of the film) grows up and realises that this "fat" girl he's been making fun of is actually really fantastic. When I first saw The Inbetweeners Movie at the cinema I literally left with a massive grin on my face just from that storyline.


I don't mean to come across as all gushy but I can't help it. For once in a film we don't have to see the girl who is constantly being ridiculed standing on the sidelines, or having to change who she is to get the guy she wants. Personality trumps looks (although in my opinion, she is still gorgeous!) and despite all the comedy a valuable message is portrayed: don't pretend to be someone you're not, and live your life in spite of what others think about you.





No comments: